The Gore Element GT AS Lady Jacket makes fair claim to being the best-in-class breathable waterproof jacket for the everyday / recreational female rider.
This jacket is part of the Gore Element range of women's cycle clothing, made for recreational / everyday cyclists, so the cut is a little more roomy than, say, Gore's more streamlined Power GT AS Jackets.
Rest assured that the Gore Element GT AS Lady Jacket boasts the same Gore-Tex Active Shell technology as Gore's proven Oxygen top, making it among the most advanced breathable/waterproof tops, designed to help you stay dry and comfortable over the widest range of weather: wet or dry, hot or cold.
Gore Element GT AS Lady Jacket Features
- This highly breathable waterproof cycling jacket lives up to Gore's promise - 'Guaranteed to keep you dry'.
- Cycling cut with long back, long sleeves and high collar.
- Full-length front zip with underflap and zip port at collar.
- 2 x zipped front pockets.
- Zipped rear pocket with media port cable outlet.
- Zip tags used throughout for easy opening.
- Velcro adjustable cuffs.
- Elastic hem width adjuster with cordstoppers neatly hidden in the front pockets.
- Reflective piping on front and back and reflective print on sleeves help you get seen from all directions.
'Versatile and lightweight Gore-Tex Active cycling jacket for the female recreational cyclist. The women's jacket provides comfortable fit and reliable rain and wind protection. The comfort fit of the jacket provides a figure-friendly cut.'
GT AS means Gore-Tex Active Shell
Active Shell is the latest and greatest version of Gore-Tex - the world's original breathable waterproof membrane fabric. Six year's in development, Gore-Tex Active Shell is produced with a lighter weight outer fabric. Its thinner, more porous membrane is fused to the inner fabric with less adhesive. This inner fabric is much smoother than previous versions of Gore-Tex, making it feel nicer to wear, say, over just a minimal base layer.
Specifically designed as sports active-wear, a GT AS garment must weigh less than 300g. To this end, Gore restrict extra features such as pockets to the bare minimum, which in turn reduces the length of seam tape required. This is a bonus because seam tape adds weight and isn't breathable.
To put all this into context, Gore-Tex Active shell has been independently tested as being 50% more breathable than their previous best, Gore-Tex Paclite, which is rated 'extremely breathable' on the industry-standard RET scale.